Debates about whether something is music are truly futile.
I just think that a neutral observer would find a lot of the posts on here
not only narrow minded and elitist ("I'm fed up of talking about jungle",
"It's not really music") but downright contradictory. The London broken
beat scene is championed on this list, and what did that scene spawn out
of? D 'n' bassers returning to more rootsy music. Labels like Reinforced
have been every bit as pioneering as their Detroit counterparts for the
last 12 years. How can you dismiss this music?

"Mike Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 26/01/2002 07:27:35 AM