Ian Cheshire wrote:

>4hero?????

The links between 4Hero and Detroit go back for almost a decade. Mark+Dego compiled the rather excellent 'Deepest Shade of Techno' album, they made techno tracks as Nu Era and the Detroit influences on their Jacob's Optical Stairway work are very obvious too. The track 'Something Happened on Dollis Hill' by The Infiltrator (Andre Holland) on the 'Interstellar Fugitives' album is a reference to where the 4Hero studio is.

And I agree with Marsel that 'Black Secret Technology' is at least as much a Detroit techno album as a drum 'n bass album. It's the album that got me into drum 'n bass. Released in '95 and it still sounds fresh.

Otto