"Basically I think less people should limit thier intake, be it musically or
information, to any one genre. There was a time when the distinctions
weren't as prounounced. "

Couldn't agree more - it seems that the situation within electronic music is
a bit of a paradox. The more and more genres that split and diversify mean
that there are plenty of unexplored avenues that have the opportunity to
crosspollinate (think of a cladogram - used by zoologists to define animal
species - usually through pronounced physical features) one another.
Jazz/Techno, or Dub Techno Maurizio style for example.

 The problem is that by nature we have to classify to identify - the very
nature of the music industry requires this otherwise they'd never sell any
records.  I suppose the nature of the DJ (perhaps in modern times) has
changed.

On the other hand, the old adage that good music always shines through is
perhaps pertinent.

Sorry Thursday afternoon rambling.

Am still getting over the intensity of seeing Brian Wilson live last night.
Was trying to figure how he would sound if he came from Detroit and produced
now!

www.bleep43.co.uk