Hello,

Last week we had an informative interview with Alan Oldham of Pure Sonik
Records. We discussed his experiences in the music industry and his
perceptions of Detroit. Alan has a new project called "The Sexy
Adventures Of Orietta St. Cloud". The Comic comes with a compilation CD
with exclusive tracks by Jeff Mills, Rich Hawtin, Stewart Walker, Brain
Zentz, Marco Passarani, and Alan Oldham. The project will be shipped in
a 12" sleeve and should be available in stores this week.

Alan will also be relaunching his first label, Generator Records, later
this year with a label retrospective. Generator will follow up with new
releases shortly after the retrospective. Also be on the look out for
Pure Sonik 17: "Neutra EP". Neutra will feature three banging floor
tracks, and a jungle track on the b2. Neutra will be in stores in March
and white labels are currently available.

http://www.puresonikrecords.net/

This week I am going to do a feature on the new Dimension 5 album, Alien
Artform. This is precisely the record I have been looking for, it
combines the elegant grace of Detroit Techno with an advanced rhythmic
sensibility. It takes the conventional sonic palette of Detroit, Roland
percussion, analogue washes and digital bleeps and twists the familiar
into a new and interesting shape. I cannot say enough good things about
this record. I am going to play the entire album on the show tonight.
Alien Artform will be available in stores in March.

http://www.delsin.org

Current Playlist 01.26.02

Jeff Mills-The Theme (The Sexy Adventures...) Pure Sonik
Stewart Walker-The Mission (The Sexy Adventures...) Pure Sonik
Alan Oldham-Spacedrome (The Sexy Adventures...) Pure Sonik
Marco Passarani-Deep Orbit (The Sexy Adventures...) Pure Sonik
Jeff Mills-Spider Formation (The Other Day) Axis
Arovane-Thame Nue (Atol Scrap) Din
Indio-Snowdrifts (Indio) Transmat
Squarepusher-Imabic 5 Poetry (Budakahn Mindphone) Warp
Squarepusher-Red Hot Car (Red Hot Car single) Warp
New Order-Truth (Movement) Factory Records
Visage-Fade To Gray (Visage LP) Polydor
David Bowie-Always Crashing In The Same Car (Low) Rykodisc
I-F-Floating Away In A Hole Deeper Than You (Man From PACK) Disko B

Current is a radio show dedicated to promoting the finest electronic
music from Detroit and  across the globe. Current broadcasts in the
Detroit/Windsor metropolitan area on Saturday evenings from Midnight to
Two AM on CJAM 91.5 FM. Current can be heard across the planet in
streaming format at: http://zeus.uwindsor.ca/cjam/index.html

Thanks again to everyone who supports underground electronic music in
Detroit.

Take care,
Mike Taylor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]