Btw, saw Mr Atkins DJ at the weekend and he was on top form (except for his first mix - P Braddock's 'Burning' followed by 'The Worlds' which didn't really fit)

Played a lot of house music, which had one or two purists I know turning up their noses. But most people were just grooving all night. Excellent mixing for the most part and great, great records for about 2hrs 15 mins. Everything from DJ Sneak type stuff to Convextion to I Feel Love to Game One to Sterac to ESG to Disco Circus to some really dark groovy techno at the end that I didn't recognise. Some of my friends, who wouldn't be a techno boffins, thought he was great too - and I always think a thumbs up from the 'uneducated' is always a good sign.

He also looked like he was really enjoying himself too and spent ages signing autographs (from a surprisingly young crowd) and shaking hands afterwards.

From: Wes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Luna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED], <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: Re: [313] Jaun Atkins
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 12:01:05 -0500

On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Luna wrote:

> At any rate, this article made me lose respect for him.

Is that the reason you mis-spelt his first name throughout your post? The
thing is, many unprincipled journalists have made a dark artform out of
taking the comments of those whom they interview & provocatively twisting
their words to suit an agenda. Usually, that agenda is to stir s**t up
with little regard for the consequences, especially whether it could
reflect negatively on the person kind enough to speak to them in the first
place.

So take it with a grain of salt. As the lines from an old Soft Boys
track go, "they tell you what to think / and it's very good indeed."

Wes

"Seek the company of those who seek the truth. Avoid the company
of those who have found it." (Vaclav Havel)