Decisions..... decisions ..... we decided to hit Fabric on Saturday night -
amazingly walked straight in without a queue (at which time still a 100 odd
people in the guest list queue)  I wondered if this was what Tech-house had
finally brought us to ... but true to form Fabric was squashed to the
rafters, although I did spot room for a sardine or two on top of the
speakers...
Fat Terry Francis was playing the Intec Room when we arrived .. i'll
describe his set in one word: boring.  I could describe it in ten words but
it would just be repetitive, boring,boring,boring,boring.  What the hell was
he doing in the Intec room.
We went upstairs to the third room, where Swayzak had just finished his DJ
set.  He was due back on for a live 'set' in an hour.  So after a wonder
around we came back to hear this.
I've got to say initially i was not over impressed, but I was definately
caught there intrested by the acidic, squelching noises being over laid on
the top of the tunes which were spinning.  About 10 minutes in three of us
were looking at one another, pulling faces suggesting .. this wasnt doing it
for us either.  One of my m8s said he was off for a wander.  The other two
of us agreed we would come with... but we didnt and I've got to say that at
the end we thought it had been really great and enjoyable.  The pace of the
set was about 122bpm (yeah, sicko .. i counted it) but it was a really good
funky electro set with hints of 80s vocal accapellas laid over the top.
This should have been the opening set of the Intec room.
We followed up listening to C1 - so for all the doubters there was Techno
played in London on Saturday night.  A good interesting set.  I wouldnt say
the guy was brilliant but he kept our interest (138bpm) was the pace and it
wasnt boring.  I'd certainly go and listen to him again but at this stage I
dont think i would travel the country to hear him play.  In fairness I'd
like to hear him play in a club where there may be some crowd reaction (ie
out of london) but them tek-housas don't know how to yip and yell and show
some appreciation.
Trevor Rockcliffe came on to finish the last two and a half hours , he
started well and kept it going but somehow lost his groove towards the end,
that kept us going till 6.30 am and now there was only the main room left
.... Craig Richards (i think).  I hate being repetitive but what can I say
.... boring, boring, boring.
You know at one time I thought the Tech-house was a cool sound, after a diet
of somewhat non-stop maniac Techno, it was a sort of groovy swaying, but it
never went anywhere and after a couple of months it was confirmed yeuk.

I havent put my 0.02p worth in yet on "About the Members" thread ... but i
am keen to try and start a regular Saturday night proper techno night.  My
promotional endeavours so far havent been too successful and i've done
bucket loads of money but I'm still searching for a venue at the moment, and
if I can get that sorted .... well the spirit is willing ....

Looking forward to hearing Oliver Ho this Thursday down Ultimate Base.