a whole site dedicated to the guy
http://www.dj-empire.com/morobe.htm

his biog :
Born in 1940 in Ortisei, Italy, Giorgio Moroder played guitar in small night
clubs and theatres across half of Europe at the age of 19 before settling
down in Berlin in 1967 to start his great career as a producer and composer
in a somewhat unorthodox way: he wrote German schlager songs, and landed his
first hit after just 6 months. He worked with singers like Michael Holm and
Ricky Shayne and was soon an established composer on the schlager scene.

Having shown at an early stage that he had an extraordinary instinct for
mass audience appeal, Moroder started work as a producer after a spell at
the Musicland Studios in Munich; by this time, it was clear that Giorgio
Moroder did not crank out hits to a formula, but always let his intuition
guide him. It was not long before he had mastered and integrated all the new
studio technology.

Moroder, who always dreamed of an American sound in Motown style, chose the
bubblegum wave of 1969 as his launch-pad onto the international stage for a
song he had not only composed and produced himself, but which for the first
time featured English lyrics: the single "Lookie Lookie" was well received
in Holland, Spain and France. Then the album with Pete Bellote, who has been
his permanent partner since 1970, Chicory Tip - "Son of my Father" became a
smash hit in England.

His really big breakthrough, however, came with Donna Summer, who had
initially auditioned as a background singer for Moroder and Bellote at the
end of 1975: just 6 months later her interpretation of "The Hostage" climbed
to the top of the Dutch and French charts. After the album "Lady of the
Night" the trio recorded a not entirely serious track inspired by Serge
Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin's steamy hit "Je t'aime", adding more than a
pinch of sex themselves. "Love to love you Baby" was initially a flop as a
single, but when Moroder had the brilliant idea of extending the track into
a 17-minute disco symphony and releasing it as an album, the whole world
wanted to make love with Donna. "Love to love you Baby" was the first
worldwide disco hit - the decisive breakthrough for disco music in general
and one of the most frequently copied and sampled pieces of dance music ever
recorded.

As a result of this enormous success, Moroder, Bellote and Summer reached
their creative climax in the mid-70s and released one record after another
in a very short space of time: after the concept albums "A Love Triology"
and "Four Seasons Of Love" (both 1976), the "I Remember Yesterday" LP was
released in 1977 featuring the unbelievable "I Feel Love" with its famous
galloping bass line, fiery electronic percussion and futuristically polished
production, all of which contributed to giving the track the status of an
unforgettable disco anthem.

The Moroder/Bellote/Summer team released two more albums, one of them "Bad
Girls" with its chart single "Hot Stuff". However, with an Oscar to his
credit for the soundtrack to the Alan Parker Film "Midnight Express" in
1978, Moroder increasingly turned, at the beginning of the 1980s, to
composing and producing film music.

In addition to Flashdance - whose title song "What A Feeling" gained him
another Oscar in 1983 - the best-known of his 40 soundtracks are those for
"American Gigolo", "Scarface", "Top Gun" and his exciting and daring
electro-pop re-setting of Fritz Lang's silent movie classic "Metropolis".
Moroder has also written the official songs for two Olympic Games and the
soccer World Cup. In the 1980s he produced bands like Sigue Sigue Sputnik
and went into the remixing business with the Eurythmics' "Sweet Dreams".

As if that was not enough, Moroder has exhibited his sculptures at numerous
exhibitions and has designed a sports car which has won several awards.