He was also one of the first fairly well known artists to die from AIDS
related illness.

                      Ian

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        To:       <313@hyperreal.org>

                                               cc:

                      02/15/02 04:54 PM        Subject:  Re: [313] fortina
recordings.

on 2/15/02 5:11 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> did any one knows anything about them? klaus nomi?
> y.

I know nothing about Fortina.  Berlin label maybe?

Klaus Nomi gets name checked quite a bit by the Euro-Disco and Italo aware.
He was a pretty out there German performance artist in NY in the early
eighties.  Great operatic falsetto take on some cover tunes.  I think he
may
have recorded a version of "I Feel Love".

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=B9hpsa9lgb23k
--
im