Finally got a chance to watch this tonight. I must say I'm impressed. For a
high-level overview, it really did a good job of not missing too many
details. The Music Box segment had to be my favorite. If you've never heard
the Ron Hardy mixes on deephousepage.com it should be boosted towards the
top of the must-hear online listening. I only wish there was some video of
him in action somewhere, b/c I'd love to see what he was actually doing to
create his results.

All throughout it, I was lining up where I was musically when these
developments occured. Personally, it was really fitting that it ended with
Orbital's "Chime", which was right around when I started to DJ. That Frankie
Knuckles remix of "I Want A Dog" by the Pet Shop boys will forever be a
favorite of mine though - definitely my first exposure to house. It's kind
of ironic that the ties between new wave or synth pop and house weren't
emphasised more in the feedback loop. The Music Box sequence mentioned the
B-52s, but that was about it. I've always felt that was underplayed.

Tristan
http://www.mp313.com <- Music
http://www.metrotechno.net <- DC techno + more
http://www.metatrackstudios.com <- DC DJ/Production studios