So I just got back from Filler @ the Blue Room in Washington, D.C. John
Selway played the last set, which is a rarity. Typically, the night has 3
(or 4) residents, one of whom is Richard Chartier, whose work you may know
from Mille Plateaux, etc. This was also a Ghostly International promo night
although I missed the result of that. Anyway... the night was titled
"Proto-syntheseis" and was themed as an old school meets new school electro
convergance. Selway played maybe 2/3rds old, and 1/3 new electro to a great
crowd response. They were showing Liquid Sky throughout his set on the DVD
monitor, and one of the earlier DJs even played a track from that
soundtrack. It was a very fun night!

I think I've heard Selway is originally from DC, in which case it's a great
month for DC, as Stewart Walker will be playing here for the first time
*ever* next weekend, even though he used to live here. We also have Felix
tha Housecat on Friday @ Buzz, which promises to be very interesting at
worst (those who've been to Buzz will catch my drift). Also, Kent Williams
AKA Chaircrusher and Stewart Walker will be conducting seminars at Metatrack
Studios on the Saturday before the performance, one on Reaktor (Kent), and
one on starting a label (both). Shawn Rudiman is playing live at the party
with Stewart too! The entire weekend should be solid. If anyone can get here
, let me know and I'll try to make things feel a little more at home.

Tristan
http://www.mp313.com <- Music
http://www.metrotechno.net <- DC techno + more
http://www.metatrackstudios.com <- DC DJ/Production studios