On 21/02/2002 12:48:42 "Odeluga, Ken" wrote:
> The money-go-round leading up to DEMF is almost as entertaining as the event
> itself (I hope) will be, although, I've yet to decide definitively to go
> .... but someone reminded me the other day that there is in fact a more
> established festival of future dance music right here in Europe - Sonar. I
> Always get great reports back from it - and I believe it hosts quite a
> number of 313 and related artists ... so, anyone got details on this year's
> event (if it's happening)?
>
> Also, I have a comp sort of tied to the '99 event - anyone know whether
> there was one for the years '00, '01?

yeah, I just got the '01 double CD.. One CD is "Sonar by day" one is "Sonar by
night".. CD1 features Jazzanova, Sigur Ros, Isolee. etc (this is from memory so
pls forgive mistakes/exclusions) and the night CD features more techy business,
Mills, Circulation, Luomo..    all in all a nice collection of tracks, only
criticism is that the 2nd (night) CD has a couple too many straight forward
club tracks which don't necessarily work too well unmixed, but obviously these
CD's feature artists who played Sonar.

http://www.sonar.es

doesn't seem to be a tracklisting on the Sonar site, but there's one here:
http://cdnow.com/from=cr-1743275/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/popsearch.html/index=t/string=2001_SONAR_

cheers,
Nic