Before embarking on my abject poverty induced odyssey of beans and toast, I
blew what little cash I have on these records:

Larry Heard "Praise [Remixes]" (US Trackmode)
I already bigged this one up, but I'll do it again. Larry Heard's own Tribal
Remix is a stormer: it wouldn't be out of place on "Another Side", or as a
Kenny Larkin track. I haven't even listened to the other mixes, and this is
one of those expensive Trackmode imports (8.49UKP?!).

Donnie "Excerpts From The Colored Section EP" (US Giant Steps)
I guess these are taken from the forthcoming album, and hence I imagine it's
going to be great. Donnie does sound just like Stevie Wonder, but he's got
some pretty handy tunes of his own. Check out "Cloud 9" to see.

Dana Byrd "Your Love" (US Wave)
Pal Joey production and it shows: tip top saxophone lines and a great vocal.
The Danny Krivit edit is a bit sloppy - he's trying to draw out the sax and
hit you with the vocal, but there's no adventure in it. Stick to the
original - a blinder!

Block 16 feat. Jon Lucien "Morning Sun" (UK Nuphonic)
French house has got tons of talented folk releasing excellent stuff right
now: Jabre, Gregory, DJ Deep, I Cube etc. And also Pepe Bradock, who
provides the excellent remixes of this tune featuring Caribbean crooner
Lucien.

Jazzanova "That Night" (DE Compost)
This is great. I imagine it'd be even better with a Theo Parrish remix on
the flip, but it's so close to that style (if a "bigger" production) who
cares? Until I get bored of the slightly too pop vocal from Vikter Duplaix,
I won't. You might like the actual flip, anyway.

What aboutchoo?

JM.