From: Sean Creen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> at INET-1
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 11:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] at INET-1
Cc: Lammerts, Wibo; 313@hyperreal.org at INET-1
Subject: RE: [313] Fade In Techno

I'm confused by this thread. I can understand why people mixing a lot of loops
might complain about fade ins, but it sounds a bit strange coming from Djs who
play Mills and Drexciya records.
Do you guys always mix a record right from the start, or what's the problem with
selecting a more mixable part of the record? Its important to remember that
these
tracks aren't just made for mixing and any that are tend to be lacking IMO...

Sean.

robin pinning wrote:

> hi wibo,
>
> i am with you all the way on this. tracks that fade in are impossible to
> mix in correctly, unless you want to ruin the natural flow and structure
> of your mix.
>
> drexciya (and related projects) do this a lot too and i've never
> understood it.
>
> robin...
>
> > A lot of the old records by Mills have tracks on them that do not start at
> > normal volume levels, but somehow the track gets faded in. (And not only
> > Mills of course)
> >
> > Am I the only one who thinks of this being a real drag? I really like a
> > specific track from AX009 but I find it really impossible  to mix when there
> > is a monitor speaker blasting in my left ear. These are the type of records
> > that cause major trainwrecks in my DJ sets!
> >
> > I consider most of Mills' stuff being really DJ friendly, but why does he
> > produce his tracks this way? Also, anyone got tips on dealing with this?

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.