Hello,

I was joined by Lenny and Lawrence Burden of Octave One on the 23rd. The first hour of the show was spent listening to their biggest hits and discussing their history and musical evolution from 1989 to the present. For the second hour, the Burden's were kind enough to bring new 430 West related material, most of which had been previously heard by anyone not directly involved in their camp. We finished the show with the very recently recorded "Strings and Vocals" Remix of Octave One's current hit single, Blackwater. For more info:

http://www.430west.com

I would like to take this time to publicly thank the Burden's for taking time out of their extremely busy schedules to appear on Current. It was a genuine pleasure to have them on the show, and I personally learned a great deal from their perspectives on music. It was definitely one of the most entertaining nights I have had doing the show.

Octave One will be doing a Live PA for Mixworks at Porter Street in Detroit on Thursday evening. If you like good music from Detroit, it would probably be a good idea to show up.

For more info: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Current Playlist 02.23.02:

Hour One: The Past

I Believe-Octave One (The Collective) 430 West
Falling In Dub-Random Noise Generation (Links In The Chain) 430 West
Nicolette-Octave One (The Collective) 430 West
Black Water-Octave One (Blackwater) Concept Music

Hour Two: The Future

Justin Robertson-Everpresent(Octave One Dub Remix) (Unreleased)
Kaotic Spatial Rhythms-Juanita (Unreleased)
Random Noise Generation-Total Recall (Unreleased)
Octave One Vs. The Tramps-Feet Don't Fail Me Now(Vocal Mix) (Unreleased)
Random Noise Generation-Genesis (Unreleased)
Octave One-Blackwater(Strings and Vocals mix) (Unreleased)

Current is a radio show dedicated to promoting the finest electronic
music from Detroit and  across the globe. Current broadcasts in the
Detroit/Windsor metropolitan area on Saturday evenings from Midnight
to Two AM on CJAM 91.5 FM. Current can be heard across the planet in
streaming format at: http://zeus.uwindsor.ca/cjam/index.html

Thanks again to everyone who supports underground electronic music in
Detroit.

Take care,
Mike Taylor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]