Here's an article released from Ananova about the news:

Tributes paid to Fad Gadget star

Tributes have been paid to underground music star Frank Tovey, who died
earlier this week.  The Fad Gadget star is believed to have died at his
home on April 3.

He played at the Swedish Alternative Music Awards (SAMA) in Gothenburg on
April 1, and was currently working on new material.

In a posting on his official website, www.fadgadget.co.uk, Tovey said he
was planning to appear at music festivals this summer.

Daniel Miller, founder of Fad Gadget's record label Mute said: "Frank was
the first artist I ever worked with on Mute, he made some very special and
influential records and was an exceptional live performer.

"Frank played a big part in helping to lay the foundations of what the
label was to become in the ensuing years, I will miss him greatly."

Fad Gadget was the opening act for the European leg of the recent Depeche
Mode Exciter world tour.

Alongside Human League, Cabaret Voltaire and The Normal, Tovey was at the
forefront of the Electronic Movement of the late '70s and early '80s.

--
ken meier
interrupt media group