If anyone's interested, I picked up the following choons lately:

Velocette "Changes In The Rhythm Of Life" (Parallel) - I'd never heard of
this label or Velocette, I'll confess, but it's excellent Detroity techno
with loads of personality and variety. There's also a tremendous dubbier 10"
floating about showing the man, Jason Williams, has got plenty o' range.

The Rapture "House Of Jealous Lovers" (DFA) - Morgan Geist remix is the
Metro Area style you'd expect but harder. James Duncan contributes his
trumpet playing again. Both combine to make this sound like a lost Dinosaur
L classic.

Ayro "Drink/Let This" (Omoa) - Storming broken beat with Stevie
Wonder/Herbie Hancock styled vocal and rhodes. I don't usually like that
West London sound, but the American take presented here is just infectiously
funky, and well, a damn good tune.

Future Beat Alliance "Head Ways" (Emoticon) - This is just sublime. I pulled
up a chair in front of my speakers and listened to it three times whilst
reading the paper on Saturday. The title track shows ridiculous mastery of
machines with the storming melody cheekily left to tantalise right at the
end. Unlike too much melodic techno to my ears, there's nothing nostalgic
about this, it's entirely forward looking, wicked electronic music. Tom must
be proud.

And I'm waiting on the James Cotton on Ghostly, new Frictional and Gherkin
Jerks reissue on Alleviated (it *is* Stomp The Beat.) to arrive in the post.
Loads of good records!