From: Matthew MacQueen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 10:52 AM
To: 313 mailing list
Cc: Sean Creen; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [313] Bell v Winx - Submerge board

> I think this, again, comes down to the fact that there are tracks
> incorrectly labelled as Phreak on the 'net. Wink's track is very similar
> the original Phreak...

Yep, people who are comparing the 2 tracks posted earlier are only getting
half the story.  This is important for list members who don't own these DBX
12-inches to accurately make up your own mind for yourself.  The origial DBX
track "Phreak" has the same bleep line as the Wink track, and repeats the
vocal word 'phreak' over and over on 1 bar lines, just like the Wink track.
Can anyone post a few bars or a snippet of the REAL DBX track 'phreak' so
others can hear?  RealAudio or whatever...  I think it's on the original
B-side of Losing Control 12" on Peacefrog, and also was on Accelerate at
some point too.  The one worth the word said over and over...

It's just important people hear the correct dbx track here to compare so
everyone can make up their own mind, that's all I'm saying.

Peace,
Matt MacQueen