It is a 3 years contract, ended this year, so for sure, from the next year, the contract will be completely renegotiated, and certainly not in our "favour"......

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To: 313@hyperreal.org Subject: Re: [313] Pass the Excess Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 22:45:50 -0500

>About the Exceed pass, I hope this decision will put everybody at the same level, no favoritism any more !

Anyone consider the possibility that the Excess Pass is a test to see whether people will pay to go to the festival in the future. If they get enough interest in the pass then PCM can then say - "Hey, people will shell out $30 for a weekend's worth of music and we can make HUGE BUCKS on this." Then it's $30 (or more) for everyone in 2003. Considering that it doesn't appear like you get much more *with* the pass - could this be a direction they are looking in?

MEK