I loved "I was a Robot". to me it has a very Anne Rice "Interview with the
Vampire" feel to it, complete with the ultra sad ending where years later
Loius finds the formerly luxuriuosly LeStat an old frightened shell of his
former self,  hiding in a dilapidated building sucking the blood of rats
and mice.... uh... what was I talking about again? :^)
no. seriously. compare the two books. gotta go now, here come the fellas
with the stretch jacket and shock treatments again...

sean