I live in australia, and I have no problem 'hunting down records'. I always
pay less than I would at my local import store because I pay attention to
exchange rates and country of manufacture + it gets delivered to my door. I
also have no problem selling second hand records all over the world.

Hunting for records is a systematic and logical process.

A real music lover will search for the music. Finding good music wherever it
may lie, is an essential part of the dj artform. A DJ having records that no
one else has, is and always has been vitally important since the beginning
of the notion of seeing/hearing a dj as a form of entertainment.

A real Dj/music lover cannot afford to expect music to be presented to them,
rather they must look for it. Limiting records is an essential catalyst of
innovation within dance music - no one wants to go and see a dj play records
that everyone else has - this breeds blandness. Some producers are selfless
enough to put progression before profits.