From: Matthew MacQueen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 6:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; 313@hyperreal.org
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [313] Re: Smallfish

> Smallfish is IMO the best techno record store in London. you'll be able to
pick up a fair bit of > Submerge back cat, but they also get a much broader
range of electronic music in than just
> straight up detroit. Plus the guys there are all well conected in techno
circles, so they often > get old deleted 12s and test pressings from labels.
Definatly check them out.

Yes, I agree.  Smallfish is a great mix of old new and eclectic.  They stock
plenty of proper techno, and also the fringe/listening IDM stuff too, but
always have respect for and stock some 313 and 312 and UK bleep and proper
techno classics when they can get them.  Nice people, especially that Nick
Turner fella.  They're in a great space in Shoreditch, very nicely done
inside and they make great use of the space.  Also been known to sponsor
some pretty cool parties and events with an ususual twists, not your typical
agenda.

They're website has also improved quite a bit over the years now too!

cheers,
Matt MacQueen