On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Bill Van Loo wrote:

> I've just been checking out this Akufen live set on Klubradio and was
>wondering if anybody could ID the track that starts at 16:00. It starts
> out with what sounds like someone skipping through different stations
>on a radio, picking up random bits of pop tunes & speech

You may be interested in these comments from an interview with Marc
Leclair aka Akufen/Anna Kaufen in local TO weekly, NOW:

"I sample hours of radio air waves every morning and dissect
fractions of it to a point where samples aren't recognizable [...] Then I
assemble all the bits, like a puzzle or a collage. My approach is inspired
by the Surrealists' techniques and the French Canadian Automatistes like
painter Jean-Paul Riopelle and writer Claude Gauvreau. I like the error
margin and the unexpected factor, which creates something that makes a lot
of sense subconsciously."

My Way, his new album, is set to drop May 7 (in Canada).

Cheers,
Wes