I'm sorry if this has already been discussed (subscribed today).

What is the cheapest way to survive those 3 days in Detroit? I
graduate on the 23rd and want to take a `vacation' but I'm not sure
how much the whole thing will end up costing me. I don't mind living a
hike away (does Detroit have a decent public transpot system?)-- so if
anyone knows the cheapest (though safe) place to stay the nights in
Detroit, I'd love to hear it.

Also, on a less practical note: what have people heard about the DEMF
this year? Again, I would check archives but can't seem to access the
more recent ones online.

Thanks,
--tahir