On Sun, 12 May 2002, Lee Herrington wrote:

> If you see TP mixing you may notice that he uses
> an old telephone handset for previewing his trax.  It was a nice touch.
It's basically because they're indestructible, and they have enough midrange
and highs to pick up the highhats and claps, which is primarily what he's
mixing to.

> One question.  can anyone identify a house track that utilizes some of the
> funky
> riffs from the "sanford and son" title song?  Both DJ's played it out last
> night to enthusiastic crowd reaction.

Stacey Kidd track. "Junk Yard Funk" (Real Right RRV-001)
I think Stacey released his own version on another label, Terrence did an
edit to press it on Real Right.