From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 5:25 PM
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: [313] Trance Atlantic vol 1 CD

I just picked up a used copies of vol 1, vol 2, and Trance Europe Xpress
vol4 over the weekend. My question is about the Aux 88 track on Trance
Atlantic 1 - "Phatom Power" [sic]. Was this originally released on Direct
Beat or another label?

By the way - the Trance Atlantic CDs are excellent! The first has a nice
selection of Detroit (+influenced) tracks from Im.mortal Music (Carl
Craig), Yennek (Kenny Larkin), the before mentioned Aux 88,  Dan Curtin,
Mike Dearborn, a wicked DJ Skull rhythmic stomper called
"Flicker",Infiniti,  Plastikman, Thomas Barnett's "Let there be light",
Eddie 'Flashin' Fowlkes, etc. Vol 2 leans more toward Chicago jacking
techno/house while still staying true to the trance elements (longer tunes,
hypnotic rhythms, etc.). The TEX vol 4 is pretty good as well - Rue East, A
Guy Called Gerald, Redagain P, LFO, etc. Of course these were released back
in the early to mid 90's but it's great to hear a whole bunch of music that
really is trance inducing - not just Beethoven on Ecstasy. Anyone else have
other TEX/TA box sets still sitting in their collections?

MEK