I really don't want to either but I'm sick of people confusing the
Electroclash music and electro music - they are not one in the same but
when people refer to electro as Tiga, Fischerspooner, Chicks on Speed, Miss
Kitten, etc. as electro it really bugs me just as it bugs Ed DMX. When I
revisited the original Electroclash  website I didn't see any electro
artists but lots of electronic pop music. If using elements of electro
(vocoder, 80s style synths sounds) makes you electro then Paul Van Dyk is
Detroit techno.

MEK

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      et                       To:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                               cc:       <313@hyperreal.org>

                      06/05/02 11:57 AM        Subject:  Re: [313]
Techno/Industrial (was Re: [313] Does anyone compare to Hawtin?)

i am not having this thread again.

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> No I'm not narrowly defining what electro is - electro has it's roots in
> hip-hop/funk culture - I haven't heard too much of that in the
Elektroclash
> stuff - which leans toward and practically rips-off New Order/Duran
> Duran/Patrick Cowley/Sylvester/Moroder/any ol' 80s synthpop group.
>
> MEK
>

>                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>                       net>                     To:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>