----- Original Message -----
From: "Giles Dickerson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Odeluga, Ken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Phonopsia"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "[EMAIL PROTECTED] Org" <313@hyperreal.org>;
"Mxyzptlk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 4:57 PM
Subject: RE: [313] Techno songs so good they make you cry/Wadodem

> So let me get this straight --> How are Moritz von Oswald and Alex
Patterson connected? Am I totally confused?

It's a bit tenuous in that I don't think they ever worked together directly,
but there's all sorts of connections.

-The Orb had tons of collaborators on their early works (maybe still do
today) including Thomas Fehlmann, Sun Electric, Jimi Cauty of the KLF,
Miquette Giraudy & Steve Hillage of System 7 fame, Youth (of Killing Joke I
believe) and Jah Wobble. Thomas Fehlmann and Sun Electric were by far the
most presistent and long-lasting collaborators from what I've noticed.
-Thomas Fehlmann did Schizophrenia and 3MB with Moritz Von Oswald. He also
pitched in on some of Sun Electric's work.
-Sun Electric remixed "Illuminism", the 3MB track that featured Eddie
"Flashin'" Fowlkes.
-The Orb remixed Maurizio's first track, "Ploy". It's called the "Battersea
Was An Island of Mud Mix" if memory serves.

So basically, you have Fehlmann and Sun Electric in The Orb's pants, and the
same three fellas all up on Moritz' sh*t, and then you get some remix action
from The Orb. I think there were some other connections too, but The Orb was
much closer to Detroit (or at least Berlin) than you might think at a
glance. The real question I think is why Thomas Fehlmann doesn't get
recognition for bringing together so many disparate sounds.

Tristan
http://www.mp313.com <- Music
http://www.metrotechno.net <- DC techno + more
http://www.metatrackstudios.com <- DC DJ/Production studios