Available at www.skimo.com or email PJ directly at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(313 Listees might recognize Tim Jackiw from previous output on the Offworld
label..)

--
MAPS & DIAGRAMS/TIM JACKIW : Glaciarc 12" (TUNDRA-MUSIC) $7.15
Grooves Magazine Issue #8 -- "Stylistically Martin and Jackiw are very much
alike, with Jackiw emphasizing beats and rhythms while Martin tends to give
beats and synths equal breathing space. Not truly ambient but fitting
nicely into
the ambient techno territory that Biosphere used to inhabit during his
earlier days.
As Glaciarc is a great debut release for Tundra Music it will be interesting to
see what both artists and the label produce in the future" >> Paul Lloyd. --
The debut (180gram thick) 12" split-EP on Tundra Music merges two artists
that by geography are worlds apart, but that stylistically inhabit very
much the
same space. Tim Jackiw (Offworld/The Void) hails from Adelaide, Australia -
whilst Tim Martin (Maps & Diagrams // Pause2, Static Caravan, Neo Ouija,
Cactus Island) resides in Cambridge, England. Both share a lengthy history
of making and playing music, whether it be DJ'ing or hosting radio shows.
Both are intent on extracting emotion from their analogue music machines,
and seem to strive for an obvious depth in their `sound' launching the listener
on a sonic journey that doesn't have any apparent destination. This EP presents
playful slices of atmosphere, complimented by soft rhythms and gentle, yet
moving shades of melody. Maps & Diagrams and Tim Jackiw peacefully display
their talent with precise electronic music as the backdrop. We hope you enjoy
the audio as well as visual delights on this record.
http://www.tundra-music.com
for more details.
--

Pietro.