Mac.
I use both windows machines and macs and have found that
macs work better for me for music and pc's work better
for web/email and spread sheets etc.

this is fine with me I'm famuliar with both system and I
am able to keep all the added crap off my mac so it's
just for audio (pro tools, live, cubase).

I would get a g3 ibook something make sure it has a 100
mhz bus, the pismo and marble models have that bus
speed, the pismo being the best bargin right now around
$800 for a 466 mhz on ebay.

I know lots of people use pc's to make music and they do
it with success. but I always notice thay have lots
driver/hardware conflicts,
i've_never_had_a_problem_driver or hardware related with
my mac and I use the midiman usb 2x2. can't say that for
the pc and yes I have used it with that machine.

scotto
"I don't use a screw driver to loosen bolts, I get a
wrench."