On Wednesday, July 17, 2002, at 05:41 AM, Rusty Blasco wrote:

OK, all this chit-chat about the enigmatic Jeff Mills and the more enigmatic Axis 009 series has me confounded. When I first picked up the 2xLP (AX-009(b) I guess?) a few months ago I had no idea an extensive back story accompanied it. Without trying to rehash the piecemeal knowledge I've assembled through list discourse, I'd like to request someone point me to the definitive story. I had thought the AX-009 material was supposed to be difficult to find, but I purchased it rather casually at Yoshitoshi in DC. And how many variations of the tracks are there? And how old are they? Help is much appreciated.

there is, or was, a description of the whole process/intent on the axis site. of course, it's written in millsian.