thought some 313 folks might like the following info..

----
Artist: Smyglyssna
Title: We Can Fix It

Tracklisting:
1. Might It Be¹s And If It Were¹s
2. Work Shall Be Abolished
3. Triangular Ears
4. The Duck People
5. We Can Fake It
6. Fractical Practal
7. Foaming Prairie
8. Elastic Egos
9. Tea With Angela

W/P by: Henrik Johansson
Catalogue No(s): VFORM015CD / VFORM015LP

After the huge warming reception received over Smyglyssna¹s debut Vertical
Form release ŒU Don¹t Jump Like I Jump¹ and the release of his ŒDepartures¹
EP, Vertical Form are pleased to announce the release of ŒWe Can Fix It¹
Henrik Johansson¹s debut album proper. After months of production, tweaking
and final adjustments the album finally see¹s the light of day, clocking in
at 46 minutes in length, with 9 tracks in total, each cut individually
incorporating Smyglyssna¹s signature sound whilst offering a new funkier and
more diverse edge to his production approach. Through careful combination of
sophisticated software use, along with more traditional analog production
techniques, Smyglyssna creates a sound that looks to the past for reference
whilst simultaneously defining a take on the future. Working with a variety
of hip hop sensibilities along with a variety of differing electro and
techno sound aesthetics, ŒWe Can Fix It¹ works on a variety of levels
providing listeners with a body of work documentative of both a generation
of music along with his own vast array of musical influences. Cut¹s such as
ŒMights It Be¹s And If It Were¹s¹ look to early ninetees Detroit scraping
through remnants of Carl Craig¹s 69 project and Stacey Pullen¹s Kosmik
Messenger outputs whilst reinventing their take on the format of electronic
funk by breathing new forms of synthesis into the construction of these
types of groove. ŒTriangular Ears¹ adopts a similarly fresh take on the
format of experimental and avant hip hop by providing a backdrop of crisp,
distorted drum beats alongside a more alternative selection of playful
melodies and tight programming creating a groove at home in a variety of
environments. ŒFoaming Prairie¹ provides a beautifully crafted momentary
breath of heart felt ambience to calm and console the listener whilst also
providing a small insight into an alternative side of the smyglyssna sound.
In all, an album of constant diversity, rhythmic essentials and heartfelt
emotion packed with an obsession of sound and invention.
--

|| digital::nimbus | :: experimental electronic radio :: ||
|| friday night mid-3am (pst) | www.digitalnimbus.com ||