Doormouse...ha...that guy is insane.

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Reed [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 12:59 AM
To: Tristan Watkins
Cc: 313@hyperreal.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [313] This Looks Good

Hell YES!

Merrick is really making a name for himself around these here parts
(Austin, Texas). Chalant nights at Texture are really about the best thing
the club has going for them at this point. I HIGHLY recommend anyone and
everyone take a listen. This guy is great on the decks and has one of the
best attitudes of anyone in the scene down here. Truly an Austin gem.

<ssp> For anyone in the Austin/Tx area.
Tomorrow night (friday) at Elysium (7th and Red River) I've arranged for
the Addict Records tour to come through and play. This includes Dan
Doormouse, founder of Addict Records and currently on Planet-Mu, Stunt
Rock, John Sin, and Progressive Pete. If you dig the
hardcore/experimental/IDM/jungle stuff come out and check it out. It's
only 5 bucks and admission goes to paying these guy's gas money back to
Milwaukee. </end ssp>

-Aaron

http://www.chalantmusic.com/audio/merrickbrown_texturelive_feb2002_part1.mp3

> :: lounge, broken beat,
> :: nu jazz, deep house etc.
>
> Son Dexter - Precious Love (Alleviated)
> Olivier "livo" Gaudin - Under Influence (Rotax)
> Pavel Kostiuck and guests - Brand New Day (Planet E / 2000 Black)
> DJ Cam - DJ Cam Sound System (Columbia)
> Shaun Escoffery - Into the Blue [4 hero's extended mix] (Oyster Music)
> Nathan Haines - Believe (Chili Funk)
> Purveyors of Fine Funk - Stigmata Jackson [Russ Gabriel rmx] (Nepenta)
> Modaji - Locura Quieta (Laws of Motion)
> Waldeck - This isn't Maybe (Dope Noir)
> Duncan - Too Deep (Yellow)
> Paul Murphy & Marc Woolford - Jazz Room (Afro Art)
> Moodyman - NMYWAGON (Moodyman)
> Doctor Rockit - Cafe de Flore [Charles Webster remix] (Lifelike)
> Mark de Clive-Lowe - Better Days (People)
> Modaji - One and the Same (Laws of Motion)
> Kick Squad - Walk South Central (Peng)
> My Mate Mark - God with a Gun (Out of the Loop)
> Jersey Street - Step into the Light [Weekender remix] (Glasgow
Underground)

http://www.chalantmusic.com/audio/merrickbrown_texturelive_feb2002_part2.mp3