> I'm just hearing  more and more vocal tracks that are trying to blend techno
> and trance sounds with a vocal track.   Is there a commercial reason for
> these vocal tracks?   Like you have a better chance to break into the top 40
> with a vocal track?

all I have to say to this thread is that you should download and listen to
kevin saunderson at proper and tell me with a straight face that either (a)
kms has sold out or (b) that he would be better off building his set to
conform to conventional definitions of house and techno (that were really
just invented by journalists and record shop employees so they know where to
file tracks).