From: "Nick Craddock"
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 12:07 PM
Subject: Akufen Live in London 30/08/02

AKUFEN CONFIRMED FOR 'SIZZLER 02' PARTY - 30/08/02

Montreal's Akufen (Marc Leclair) makes a very welcome return to London on
Friday 30th of August. Marc made his UK live debut at Fabric earlier this
Summer, which saw the main room crowd going ape to his stomping butchered
samplefest. Whilst the more perceptive punter may have already been savvy to
his unique sound, his profile in this country has gone from strength to
strength since this initial appearance - owing to the release of his
massively acclaimed 'My Way' album, which has earned him a 'Best Newcomer'
nomination at this year's Muzik magazine Awards. Many people have enquired
as to when Akufen will be performing again in London, so I'm pleased to
announce this exclusive appearance. Check the details:

Sizzler 02: The Homecoming

Guys and Gals, hot damn, Rizla and Wall of Sound have travelled throughout
the summer spreading the word of Sizzler far and wide.

At Glastonbury we kicked some ass in the Rizla Café with Full Cycle, then we
jumped back on the bus (okay.plane, it's a long way you know) and headed for
Scotland.
The tickets in Glasgow had gone in record time. It took only 6 days for 1500
to be snatched up. Might have had something to do with the presence of
Jacques Lu Cont on the line-up me thinks.
So Scotland was bonnie and Glastonbury was.well.just beautiful.man.

So now Ladies and Gents we return triumphantly on August 30th to London's
Brick Lane. Mullet land. Home of the daft. And to celebrate we are rollin'
into town on the Ho Down trail. Prepare yo'self for some genuiiiine Deep
South shenanigans.

Classic and Illicit will be joining us and the Wall of Sound boys, to bring
you the best from London's independent record labels. You can expect deep
dirty house, hippity hip-hop and in the We Love You Loft, well.anything
really. It should keep you kickin' up yo' heels through the night.

In the Main Room
Luke Solomon & Kenny Hawkes - West London Deep - Tiefschwarz
Trainer Boy & very special guest Akufen (live)

In the Bad Magic Bar (Hosted by Tony Rotton a.k.a. Blak Twang)
Big Ted (Blak Twang) - Andy Smith (Dynamo Productions) - Plagiawrists -
Jadell

In the We Love You Loft
Deadly Avenger - The Visitor - Boogie Knights

Yee haw indeedy, there will be apple bobbin', a gratis Cajun Occasion BBQ,
and hell, lets go crazy.free ice cream for all. Yes, 93 Feet East is the
place to be, and we are comin' home momma. Think Dukes of Hazard. Think
hick. Think the ultimate in redneck extravaganzas. Get yo' dungarees on and
hot step it to the final Sizzler 02.

The dress code is Hillbilly Hell. Make an effort or we'll set Mark Jones on
ya.

And the best bit.hot diggity daaaamn. ITS FREE.

Sizzler 02: The Homecoming, 30th August 02, 8pm - 2am, 93 Feet East, London
E1.

Tickets will be available from Rough Trade Neals Yard WC2H, Rough Trade
Talbot Road W11, Supra Boys & Girls W11 & the Embassy Bar N1 on the 19th
August.