From: "Niko Tzoukmanis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > - John Beltran album on Exceptional?

< i like this one very much, though it's less techno than ten days of blue, more latin elements i'd say somewhere between his recent output on ubiquty and his more ambient techno approach on peacefrog / r&s. i'd say, if you've liked moving through here and its mix of contemporary beats and latin sounds you definitely won't get disappointed by this very nice album but i can't say yet if it's his best, probably in the future (lent it a few days after i bought it >

I just got John Beltran's "Sun Gypsy" (next album) on Ubiquity. Release date: October 22nd. This is a lot more on the Brazillian tip, and I think it's better than the Exceptional release.

Tracklisting: Intro / Kiana / Felicidad Nova / La Nueva / Bota Foga / Dashiki / Fragile / Sun Musica / Interlude / Heaven And Earth

There also a 12" with a Jimpster remix  of "Felicidad Nova" coming out.

"Ten Days Of Blue" is also being re-released on Peacefrog. I think there might be some bonus tracks.

For  list members in the Los Angeles area

September 1 (Sun)
Proper --  John Beltran & Garth Trinidad
Venue: Starshoes. (No Cover)

September 5 (Thu)
Ubiquity & Urb Magazine Present:
Zero dB (UK, Fluid Ounce) + John Beltran (Ubiquity)
Venue: The Temple Bar

For more info, check out the SCIDM Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~efrans/scidm/