I noticed this yesterday. Annoying, as I was wanting to download a few of
them mixes over at hotmix. I'm ambivalent about their reasons: the
resurgence of electro/new wave/italo type stuff is no different to all other
music in that most of its rubbish (I mean Italo itself has got a pretty bad
quality ratio) and the hotmix/clone/viewlexx stuff tends be the good stuff
for me. And although the Electroclash thing can be overblown, people with
peaked haircuts are fairly benign. All the media hype doesn't stop anyone
from getting on doing their own thing, really. Still, I clearly don't know
Hotmix et al's reasons. Maybe they just don't want to be part of the
Spectacle, or some such thing. I hope they still make records, though
Viewlexx has stopped.