There seems to be some cross breeding of posts going on. I originally posted about the CC show coming up in SF (which was fantastic, lots of cool jazzy broken beaty stuff with some stompers thrown in and finishing the night with Mama Loleatta belting 'Hit and Run', no alternative Shep Pettibone/mystery mix, just the original). I mentioned in the post that DJ Spooky appeared at a party by the same promoters and spoke out against the massive inequality on this planet, and then a week later I saw DJ SPOOKY on a gap billboard, not Carl Craig. As to why that is ironic, here's a link to info about GAP sweatshops and how they further the widening gap between the rich and poor: http://www.globalexchange.org/economy/corporations/gap/overview.html

Recloose is coming to SF in a few weeks. I don't have the date on me right now, but email me if you want the info when I have it handy, or go down to Amoeba records and check the date on the poster there by the entrance.

As far as I know activism and being a stoner are not related, but maybe if you ask Fox news they'll have evidence to the contrary.

Jamie

At 09:24 PM 9/3/2002 -0700, Dan Sicko wrote:
Derrick May for Eastpak maybe, but C2 + GAP?

-d