> ...I loved the new Russ Gabriel on Emoticon...

Glad you liked it... it's out now kids :) Available via Rush Hour
(http://www.rushhour.nl/store-rh.html) worldwide. Sample MP3s are also
available to download from http://www.emoticonrecordings.com

> Anyone know if his Player label is going to have new
> releases soon? Tom C? any news?

Player is defunct for the time being I believe... but rumour has it Soul on
Wax will be starting up again before too long - there should be some news
about this on www.russgabriel.com pretty soon...

He also has an album on Out of the Loop due next month, which is great -
I've been listening to it for weeks and it's up there with the Jazzanova and
4hero albums in my eyes...

> missed out on the new neroli...anyone hear it?

Do you mean the new one-sided Isoul8 12" or the 'Basic Laws 2' 12"? I have
the latter, which is pretty good - Alex Attias in minimal house mode on one
side, Nubian Mindz on the flip with a deep, moody, tracky house cut with
filtered vocal samples... pretty good stuff but not the most essential
record of the year. I've only heard a snipper of the Isoul8 12" on Juno,
sounds pretty good though...

Cheers,

Tom