I just have to say that I may have witnessed one of TP's best sets tonight.
He started out with  Drexciya in honor of James Stinson, whose memorial
today TP missed in order to visit us here. He played Planet Rock, and Clear,
before getting into some deep old house tracks -- you know the stuff with
the Kraftwerk bass lines. Then he started mixing in some brilliant gospel
house.  Over 200 people were in the palm of his hand for almost two hours.

Throughout the set his doubles and beat juggling just kept getting tighter
and tighter.  By the time he played 'Change For Me' -- which is the summer
bomb track for 2002 the house was full of smiles. Just a top night all around.
Not only that I promoted this show and I didn't lose money ;-)

Thanks so much to Terrence for uplifting us in the best sense of the word.
And thanks also to 313 listers Ryan Burns and Vince Woolums (along with
Juan and Austin of Bad Fathers on the mike), for opening up the show in style.
Ryan is a curator of all the best Detroit and Chicago records, and Vince and
the MCs rocked it drum & bass style.