> many major artists sign contracts where they give away too much
>
> control about their art -
>
> they do this for money (needed or greeded ?),

I think 8/10 it is young, naive artists inexperienced with the industry -
they're the ones who get exploited, they're young, naive and impressionable
and impulsive. Everyone is like that 18 - 23.
If there's a recurring narrative in this industry, it's that. Most
artists/producers in, say, their early 30s will have a few stories to tell
that have made them wiser, no matter what genre.