Yeah, I got this record a couple of months ago and it's excellent.

The original itself is an amazing tune, being highly danceable and influenced
by disco as much as punk. For about the first 32 bars it sounds exactly like an
old house record, as in something quite organic with real instruments. It's
pretty extraodinary how they subsequently manage to introduce wiry little
guitar riffs and nice live-sounding bass and make it work; it'sdefinitely not
some sort of dodgy, tasteless dance-rock crossover. I guess it must be
influenced by 80s 'punk-funk' like 23 Skidoo or whatever to some extent.

The 'Morgan Geist version' is actually a version as opposed to a remix - he's
basically recorded a cover with lots instrumentation like trumpet and keys
which he's scored himself. It's a bit tougher than most of his Metro Area
stuff, which is no bad thing as far as i'm concerned, but naturally enough has
a very very nice moody disco vibe rather than the punky feel of the original.
Depending on your personal preference, it's either just as good or better than
the original.

Absolutely worth owning, anyway.

Robin