>either you worship his stuff or you think he's terribly overrated.

Or you take a completely neutral approach and not really worship - or think
he's not "all that" - I can take or leave just about anyone's music/DJing
abilities depending on what it sounds like and what I'm interested in
hearing at the time.

MEK

                      marc christensen

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Org" <313@hyperreal.org>
                      >                        cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: (313) Whitney V
Krafwerk bootleg
                      10/04/02 01:27 PM

At 8:13 PM +0200 10/4/02, Maarten Baute wrote:
>IsnĀ“t Richie Hawtin a player hater (at times)?
>He used to diss Dave Clarke for playing "zombie nation - kernkraft 400"...

Richie would be a funny Janus-faced playa-hata' at that, since he's
probably the most simultaneously adored & dissed techno DJ/producer
since Jeff Mills (who is, i think, still the most polarizing force in
313-discussions -- either you worship his stuff or you think he's
terribly overrated).

But y'know, at least Jeff Mills never (to my knowledge) openly dissed
anybody for what they chose to put in their sets.  And as popular
(and wealthy) as Hawtin is, you'd think he could afford to buy
himself some magnanimity.  (*IF* he actually dissed Dave Clarke,
which I never read before or heard him say.)

-marc