Hi,
my all-time jazz favourite si L'ascenseur pur l'enchefaud - soundtrack to
the french film noir of the same name - by Miles Davis (1954 iirc). The film
is by Louis Malle and its with Jeanne Moreau.
Brilliant atmospheric cooool jazz, composed by Davis by watching the scenes
and improvising along.

Another interesting note: the trumpet produced a unique sound for some songs
on that record due to the fact that a piece of skin from Davis' lip entered
the "blower" modifiying the sound of the trumpet

bye
fab.