> > few others I cant recall at the moment. Who is the
> > designated Gerard Hanson expert on this list > >
anyways?

>that would have to be minto!

haha the infamous once a year "who is Convextion?
post"

> there's a convextion discog on >
http://downlowmusic.org

jt pretty much covered it all there. The first
Hardsync was available again recently for a short
while through Rush Hour and was his first record
released in 1995. Shortly thereafter Sean gave Gerard
a great chance with the Matrix 12"s and comp
appearance which featured 2 tracks by Gerard under the
guise Syne Language. The big convextion track from
MATRIX1 was almost never sent to Sean. Thanks to a
solid push from another Dallas genius Troy Anderson
(who did records on Masa's 1200 music as waverider and
cityboy and also works with dL as DFD), the convextion
track which was left untitled (the actual title of
this track was called "Miranda") was sent to Sean and
eventually released to be a huge success.

everyone should enjoy the new Convextion release. It's
very classic stuff from Gerard. Very timeless stuff.
Hard to believe how old some of the tracks are. The
album will be coming out towards the latter half of
2003 and will be a long overdue treat.

> there are only 100 copies being distributed in the
> usa tho

Domestic distribution is really suffering right now.
Wish people like Dan and 7th city were still around
and the old Deep Distribution that Dan Curtin did for
a short period. Hard to get good support for so many
solid domestic labels right here in the US.

have a good evening all - minto

=====
down low music
http://downlowmusic.org
OUT NOW: Arne Weinberg "Beauty in Decay" dL008 & Convextion 12" dLVEXT1
UPCOMING:  dL ltd tribute 12" dLpgccX, Polarius 12" dL009
Dan Curtin "distort.archive.desire" dL010 2003
The Connection Machine "Painless" dLCMLP1 2003