yeah I forget all of those stripped down percussive instrumentals on the
trax et al b sides......

the jive and the mix your own stars are form 82/83....

i think farley's on that bbc doco - playing his rhythm traks underneath a
Salsoul/Prelude acapella - supercool

kinda cool for djs to have that playing underneath phases of the dj
set....and then you can play doubles of your more 'feature' tracks over the
top....whilst keeeping the beat goin.building up and down..kinda the same
sorta principals derrick may and the hotmix guys took to radio mix shows
with the 'tape loop' - playing the percussive break downs of the cool tracks
of the day underneath their actual mixes......does anyone do that anymore?