----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Scuccimarra" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tristan Watkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2002 2:04 PM
Subject: Re: (313) mixer advice

> Is there any way to record without the ATRAC compression? I will mostly be
> using the Minidisc to record my DJ sets to then burn to CD on my computer.
> Analog input and output is perfect on both ends. I am just worried about
> the effects of the ATRAC compression on the sound quality since the end
> product will be a CD.

Nope. There's no way to do it without ATRAC, but I think you'll find it
unnoticeable. I'd recommend having a listen at your local shoppe if you can.
Your ears will be the best judge of what is acceptible. If analogue in/out
is OK for you, then I'd be surprised if ATRAC is not.

Tristan
=====
Text/Mixes: http://phonopsia.tripod.com
Music: http://www.mp313.com
Contact: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

New Mix in mp3, 'Live in Iowa City' available for
a short time from http://phonopsia.isoprax.com