----- Original Message -----
From: "Odeluga, Ken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED] Org" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 10:06 AM
Subject: (313) Atkins, Parrish, Todd Sines, KDJ, Farben, Jelinek,
name-checked on the BBC

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/aboutmusic/toptens/backgroundtopten.shtml

Wow! Cool to see Andy Vaz (is Andy still subscribed???) with such a broad
platform for review (even if most of it is stuff from his own label) and
Portable's debut therein! From what I can tell, he's already developed quite
a following with his live PA's here in London. Saw him play on Halloween at
Plastic People, and I think most people thought he outperformed Sutekh
(although my memory is a bit sketchy). I don't know a whole lot about him,
but I'm sure that anyone who's into the idea of African-at-heart laptop
f*ckery should give this a listen. I didn't realize this came out so long
ago either. There's more info about him here:
http://www.background-records.de

Sounds as though the Theo Parrish at #5 is probably Ugly Edits #1.

Tristan
=======
Text/Mixes: http://phonopsia.tripod.com
Music: http://www.mp313.com