Thanks Toby, Ken and Emile! If that mix ever makes it online, I am
apologizing now for the first 1/2 hour. I think I needed a good 30 minutes
of close-to-the-head monitoring to blow out the cobwebs. :) After a week
that involved Xmas holidays drunk with family, Jeff Mills twice, Domu and
Seiji, all the talented locals and then this, I was completely done. But on
this note of thanks, I need to thank the crowd, because that was the most
fulfilling experience I've ever had as a DJ, opening for Terrence Parker
being the only close comparison, and it was only they who brought me out of
my funk. I was seriously cured of all ailments for about an hour there.
There is nothing so gratifying as spinning for a small room of people who
are so completely up for anything, and so in-the-know musically. Really
amazing the curative powers that vibe can bestow. Wow! Happy New Year is
right!

[Deep Breath] Here's the tracklist (with comentary):

Amp Dog Knight - I'm Doing Fine - Mahogani Music

Ola Jagun & The Ancestral Rhythms - Oda Oya (The Rebirth Version) -
Spiritual Life Music    (this was my original #1 for 2002, and still right
up there, just not quite as cool as that Kunuyuki, on further reflection)

Universal Tongues - Prayer for Sun - Natural Resource

Hipnotic - Naima (Ian O'Brien Mix) - Laws of Motion

Plutonia - Forever (Opaque Remix) - Visions

Rednose Distrikt - N.Y. Boom (Domu's N.Y. Beats) - Rush Hour Music    (I
played the beats version of this on accident, b/c it's easier to cue and I
forgot to flip it over - Doh! I like them both, but the other side sounds
better loud I think)

Nutmeg - Oscar's Shed - Neroli

Dom Um Romao - Lake of Perseverance (Opaque Remix) - Head to Toe

Mustang - Twilight (Freedom Soundz Re-Edit) - Visions

Needs - Walkin' Thru Circles (Level 1: Extended) - Needs Music

Focus - Marvin Is One - Versatile Records

Classic Man - Gentle Morning Rain - Natural Resource     (this record is
almost as good as the next one)

Kunuyuki - Precious Hall (Original Mix) - Natural Resource     (this is the
record I'm raving about below)

Convextion - Spice Tea - Down Low     (this record is almost as good as the
last one)

Tristan: Toby, what time is it?
Toby: 11:00
Tristan: [Evil grin emerges, realizing there is still 30 minutes to unleash
the techo]

Robert Hood - Qwartz - Tresor

Max Duley - Eternal Bleeding - Arc

Thomas Kufner - Maginus - Kurbel

The Moderator - Interstate 5 - Keynote      (this was the first time I'd
heard the version of this that's longer than 40 seconds. Just goes to show,
if enough people yell at someone long enough, they will make an extended
remix that's 8 times longer than the original! :)

Infiniti - Flash Flood - Tresor

3MB featuring Eddie 'Flashin' Fowlkes - Illuminism Range 1-5 - Tresor

Tim Harper - I Feel A Groove - Peacefrog Records

DJ Elin - Mad Cow - SSR

Neil Landstrumm - Takks - Peacefrog

Los Hermanos - Son Dos - UR

If the tracklist is not enough of an advertisement of Spiritual Life and
Natural Resource, I need to belabor just how amazing the Kunuyuki record is.
It is definitely my revised #1 of 2002 after practicing with it last week
and then watching it completely transform a dancefloor from great to 100%
sold. This record is an absolute must for any house lover with a turntable,
but especially for anyone who ever DJs house on the deeper side for an ear
towards punchy material. What an amazing debut! That Convextion was the only
record in my bag that could follow it. I let it chew at least 10 minutes of
my set I think. :)

Ken, if the song you're asking about is the one that plays from 45-46
minutes in my Iowa City mix, then the track you're referring to is the Tomas
Kufner track 'Maginus' from the Kurbel 22 sampler, which is the only thing
he's ever released, to my knowledge. Can't wait for more from him! That
track can be heard on the Kurbel website, at least in part. Though the Real
Audio does not do it justice:
http://www.kurbel.com/cgi-local/listen.cgi?stream=kur022-b2

Tristan
=======