> What on earth is this?
>
> MK - Somebody New [Music Institute Goodbye Mix] (KMS '89)
>
> Discogs.com says it's a Scott Kinchen remix, and there seems
>  to be a ton of other stuff by him as well??? Did he just ride
> MK's coat tails or are there essentials in his discography as
> well? How essential is this record and does anyone know where
> I could hear it? I assume it must be golden with a title
> as risky as that.

Tristan,
Late response here but it's a great record. On the KMS one I played (from '89,
mostly white label with the purple type and KMS ring around it) it is called
the "Music Institute Goodbye Mix", with Scott Kinchen getting the remix credit
only.  Don't know what Scott did.. (Dan Sicko might know?)  This mix is a
little more thickly percussive than the original, which is a masterpiece in
it's own right (as James Bucknell pointed out).

It also has "Mirror Mirror" on the flip-side, another brilliant MK track IMHO!!
 If you can't find the KMS one, there was a 12" of it on Network but there the
remix is called "MI Farewell" or something slightly different.  Unfortunately,
"Mirror Mirror" didn't make it onto the Network 12".  Finally, it also appeared
on one my favorite compilations of that era, the Biorhythm 1 on Network.  But
the LP is not mastered as lound and nice as the 12-inches, obviously.

Good luck, seems like it would fit well with what you're into.

Matt MacQueen