----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew MacQueen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "313" <313@hyperreal.org>
Cc: "Tristan Watkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 10:14 PM
Subject: (313) Domu, Mustang, etc.

> > Rednose Distrikt - N.Y. Boom (Domu's N.Y. Beats) - Rush Hour Music    (I
> > played the beats version of this on accident, b/c it's easier to cue and
> > forgot to flip it over - Doh! I like them both, but the other side
sounds
> > better loud I think)
>
> Hey, IMHO the NY beats version is *as incredible* as the track itself... a
blast to mix w/ too.

Yeah. I think it is a lot more fun to mix, but once out of the mix, I miss
those synths. Honestly, I would've never taken this version seriously had
you not mentioned you liked it as much if not better than the Nose Beast
Mix, but having heard that loud two times now, and the N.Y. Beats loud on
Sunday and when I played it, I can say I definitely still prefer the Nose
Beast mix at loud volumes. Those reverse snares are what sell me with either
version, but they hook me even more when they're ripping through dense
synths than when they are just another percussion sound. For what it's
worth, Seiji would seem to agree with you though, since he played the N.Y.
Beats on Sunday. Horses for Courses as they say. :)

> > Mustang - Twilight (Freedom Soundz Re-Edit) - Visions
>
> how is this re-edit diff. than the original?  hopefully a tad slower?  ;)
Still I love this track, so atmospheric.

I am ashamed to say I don't have the original yet, but this version is at a
very friendly speed, like 125 BPM probably. This track far exceeded my
expectations on the dancefloor. I thought it would be a nice, pretty
transition between broken beats and house, but a bunch of people came up and
spotted it and it started to fill the dancefloor in its own right. You can
hear it here: http://www.vinyl-junkies.co.uk/samples/VJ6149_2.ram

Tristan
=======
Text/Mixes: http://phonopsia.tripod.com